Junley L. Lazaga
Junley L. Lazaga obtained both his B.A. and M.A. in Language and Literature at the University of the Philippines Baguio where he is currently an Associate Professor of Literature and has previously served as head of the Program for Indigenous Cultures (2012-2013), chairperson of the Department of Language, Literature and the Arts (2013-2018), head of the Graduate Program Office (2018-2019), and director of the Office of Public Affairs (2019-2021). He has been conferred the title of University Artist 1 (2018-2020) and the One-UP Faculty Grant in Literature for Outstanding Creative Work and Public Service (2016-2018) and for Outstanding Teaching and Creative Work (2019-2021). A poet, translator, and writer in Ilokano, Filipino and English, he has edited important titles in Ilokano Literature in which he is recognized as a scholar.
B.A., M.A. (Language and Literature), University of the Philippines
BLL 111 (Literary Forms and Traditions)
BLL 116 (Semantics)
BLL 124 (Translation)
BLL 136 (Panitikang Bayan)
BLL 137 (Panitikang Pambata)
BLL 138 (Panitikan ng Hilagang Luzon)
BLL 140 (Malikhaing Pagsulat)
BLL 199.1 (Principles and Methods of Research in Language and/or Literature)
BLL 199.2 (Research Proposal Writing in Language and/or Literature)
MLL 201 (Theories of Language and Language Acquisition)
MLL 224 (Translation: Theory and Practice)
MLL 298 (Special Topics in Literature and Related Arts)
MLL 299 (Research in Language and Literature)
Wika 1 (Wika, Kultura at Lipunan)
PI 100 (The Life and Works of Jose Rizal)
Translation and Translation Studies
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Lazaga, Junley L. 2014. Ang Lingguwistik, Estetik, at Sosyo-Kultural sa Pagsasa-Filipino ng Tulang Ilokano. In Pandiwa: Lathalaan para sa Wika at Kultura, Taon II, Blg. 1. Manila: Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino.
- Lazaga, Junley L. 2017. Four Contemporary Poems in Translation. In Kritika Kultura, 28: 368-395, February 2017. Quezon City: Ateneo de Manila University.
- Lazaga, Junley L., editor and translator. 2015. Dandaniw Ilokano: Mga tulang Ilokano, 1621-2014. Manila: Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino & National Commission for Culture and the Arts.
- Lazaga, Junley L., editor. 2019. Buhay ni Lam-ang: Salin ng “Vida de Lam-ang (Antiguo Poema de Ilocos)” na nalathala sa El Folk-lore Filipino (1890) ni Isabelo De Los Reyes. Manila: Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino & National Commission for Culture and the Arts.
AWARDS, CITATIONS, FELLOWSHIPS, GRANTS, AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- One-UP Faculty Grant in Literature for Outstanding Teaching and Creative Work (2019-2021, University of the Philippines)
- University Artist 1 (2018-2020, University of the Philippines)
- One-UP Faculty Grant in Literature for Outstanding Creative Work and Public Service (2016-2018, University of the Philippines)
- UP Baguio Golden Jubilee Award for Creative Work (2011, University of the Philippines Baguio)