Asst. Prof. Doris B. Wilson
Assistant Professor of Speech Communication
DORIS WILSON is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Communication, College of Arts and Communication, University of the Philippines Baguio. She is currently the Chair of the Department of Communication. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Speech Communication at the University of the Philippines Baguio in 2013 and her Master’s degree in Media Studies (Research) at Utrecht University in the Netherlands in 2018. Her research interests include communication, heritage and culture, performance, gender, peace, migration, memory, and digital humanities.
Master of Arts in Media Studies (Research), Universiteit Utrecht, The Netherlands
Bachelor in Arts in Speech Communication (minor in Theater Arts), University of the Philippines Baguio, Philippines
SC 115 – Bases of Speech Communication
Heritage and culture
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Wilson, D. (2021). Establishing Indicators for Effective Communication Network Among Task Groups: The Case of the Task Force Out of Baguio (TFOOB). Southeast Asian Media Studies Journal, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 91-114.
- Wilson, D. (2016). Gender and Communication. In Social Science Teaching, Research and Practice: Consolidating Lessons and Charting Directions, Volume 2, 291-294. Baguio City: College of Social Sciences and Cordillera Studies Center.
- “Media Archaeology as a Teaching Method in Understanding Media History and Culture,” 1st Philippine National Conference on Digital Humanities, 3-5 November 2021, via Zoom.
- “(De)Humanizing Gaze: Two Frames of Looking at the Images of the Drug War in the Philippines,” 2021 International Southeast Asian Media Studies Virtual Conference, 25-27 February 2021, via Zoom.
- “Weaving and Carving Cultural Appropriation in Baguio’s Creative City?”, International Conference on Southeast Asian Crafts and Folk Art, 21-22 November 2019, Teacher’s Camp, Baguio City.
- “(Un)covering the layered interface of the Baguio Historical Walk Art Map,” The NECS 2018 Conference: Media Tactics and Engagement, 27-29 June 2018, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- “(Re)negotiating Performance/Text: Dulaang UP Baguio’s Play ‘Sayaw ng Panahon’ 2013-2015,” 14th International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, 8-10 June 2016, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, USA.
- “Gender and Communication: Bridging with the Social Sciences,” Conference on Social Science Teaching, Research, and Practice: Consolidating Lessons and Charting Directions, 14 November 2015, Crown Legacy Hotel, Baguio City.
- “Hybrid Daw-es: The Changing Text and Woman’s Role in the Kankanaey Cleansing Ritual,” 1st Asian Conference on Qualitative Research, 25-27 August 2015, Radisson Hotel, Brunei Darussalam. Awarded Best Oral Presenter.
- “Theater Performance as Public Arena for Discourse on Today’s Indigenous Youth, Elders and Culture: The Dulaang UP Baguio Experience,” Interdisciplinary Conference: Intellectuals, The Public Arena, and the Nation, 24 September 2014, University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City.
- “Hybrid Daw-es: Changing Texts, Practice, and Woman’s Role,” 1st Regional Conference on Material Culture Studies, 30-31 May 2014, Bulwagang Juan Luna, University of the Philippines Baguio, Baguio City.
AWARDS, CITATIONS, FELLOWSHIPS, GRANTS, AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- UP Baguio Gawad Tsanselor, University of the Philippines Baguio (2020)